Monday, November 22, 2004

my version of stream of consciousness

I decided to copy Becker's random stream of consciousness bc 1) "it's easier than trying to have a format or cohesive essay" (to quote him), and 2) he's just cool, and so is his blog. (Yea, I'm a nerd.) Here's my random stream of thoughts for this morning and this past weekend:

-- Anniversary: 4 years for Dustin and I today. Had our rockiness and our on and off, but we still count it as four years together. (Side note: Thought he'd forgotten, but I just got a phone call from him, wishing me happy anniversary :) -- "I Heard it on the Radio": Show closed yesterday, was a great success. Thursday night we only sold 5 tables of the 18 we had available, but it was a decent crowd who ended up on their feet at the end. Friday thru Sunday were all sold-out performances & standing ovations. (No matter how many shows I do, a standing O is still one of the greatest feelings I've ever had.) Mom, grandma, Florence, Aunt Eva, and Aunt Patty saw the show Saturday night & loved it. Aunt Patty came in from TEXAS Friday morning so she could see the show on Saturday, then went home yesterday. Sunday we did strike after the show, then sat around eating.

-- Like Becker, I am very much looking forward to only a 3-day work week.

-- Realized--even more--how much Dustin has come around where my theatrical endeavors are concerned. He's done a complete 180 between when we first started dating and now. Hopefully he knows how much his support means to me and how much I appreciate it.

-- Hot baths are wonderful--they feel great on pulled back muscles (yea, did that Friday night and was in VERY MUCH pain for the last 2 shows) and over-danced legs.

-- Thought I could "relax" this short work week / long weekend, and was sorely mistaken. Every day and night between now and next Monday are booked with something or other.

-- 'Almighty weather men' are talking snow by / for Wednesday. That sucks. Not a big fan of snow and being cold. I take that back: I do like snow, I just HATE driving in it. And I hate being cold--especially living in the parents' basement where there is NO HEAT.

-- I am not a shopper by nature, but starting to get an "itch" to go spend some money--on myself, mainly. Haven't done that in I don't know how long.

-- I really ought to TRY to get SOME 'work' done...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home