Thursday, April 14, 2005

42nd Street

Yay! I made it into the show! So, what part did I get? Dancer. But as long as I'm on the stage, I'm in my element, at home, and having a blast. I do miss the days of having actual roles in a show. Granted those were straight shows (non-musicals) and I haven't done one of those since my senior year of highschool; however, I've had minor speaking parts in musicals, too. (The very first being Ms. Cratchitt in "Gypsy" my sophomore year of highschool.) You know what, though? I'm not going to bitch one bit because as much as I miss actual speaking acting, I LOVE dancing. Thanks to Mary M., I can actually consider myself a dancer. That woman works miracles, I swear. (And, even when she can't, she's patient and gets a kick out of me 'faking' my way through shit.)

"42nd Street" deal is two weekends in July with DB's alumni theatre group. I know I said this after auditions, but I didn't realize how much I really cared about and missed those people until we were all brought back together again. We went out to Sports Zone after our meeting tonight--where Mr. L announced the casts and crews--to eat, drink, and be merry. They're all such neat people, it's amazing. All ages, from classes of 1985 up through 2004. And what's so great about it is that we all treat each other equally, acting as if there are only a few years difference among all of us. Hell, the people I became closest with last year are in their 30's or a bit older. (Sorry, Cliff; you never did tell me how old you are!!!!) But it doesn’t matter--that’s what I love about this group. Ade and Teri never looked down at me like, "You can’t be our gal pal bc you’re a youngin," and Bob was never like, "I’m not going to be friends with you bc you’re 7 years younger than me."

Ah, what a family we have all become. To anyone from the Guild who reads my blog, here’s to another fabulous show, a kick-ass summer, and many more wonderful memories than we ever could have dreamed of!

1 Comments:

At 15/4/05 11:25 PM, Blogger DisneyParkFan said...

And you think now I am going to tell you!!!!!!? ;)
Let's just say I am older than Walt Disney World and younger than Disneyland.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home