Wednesday, April 06, 2005

"Come on along and listen to..."

Auditions went fairly well last night...

First tap "number" we learned was super simple; the second one, however...not so simple. Required a LOT of faking on my part, I must say. (But Mary did tell me I'm a great faker; I told her, "I figure if I just shuffle my feet and make noise, I'm alright!")

Singing auditions are the worst--always. I choke. I can't help it. I'm not tooting my own horn, but people have told me I have a good voice. Yea, maybe singing along w/ the radio or just belting out some Broadway show tunes and goofing around. But when it comes to auditions, can't do it. Ah well. Hopefully one of these days I'll gain some more confidence...

Several of the crew from last year's show, "Pippin", were there, also. Man, I almost forgot how much fun those people are and how much I miss them! What a great group we had last year! The sad reality of it all is that we will NEVER be able to top (or even match) last year's group, show, etc. Mostly bc it was the inaugural production of the alumni theatre group, but I guess that's understandable. Those of us 'veterans' who are returning from last year are definitely still a very tight-knit group, though; after auditions a bunch of us went out to a bar--which is the norm for our circle. And, I'm proud to say, we can still drink the quantity (at the same rate, nonetheless!) and with the same quality as we did last year. I can't wait for rehearsals for this show to begin; it always happens around this time of year--I don't just get bitten by "the bug"....I get eaten!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home