Wednesday, May 04, 2005

and so it begins...

First actual "rehearsal" for 42nd Street was last night at DB. All we did was go over some basic info for the show--cast list (which, by the way, has my "maiden" name in parentheses and my new last name on there! Weird to see in print, but even weirder to see when you're new last name is HORRIBLY misspelled. LOL Eh, shit happens though, right?), rehearsal schedule, got copies of the script, etc.--and start learning some of the chorus numbers. We pretty well zipped through them, stopping only to focus on our problem areas. It's hard for me to do it that way, since I can't (and never have been able to) read music, but as long as I can hear the altos around me, I'm alright. (I end up singing the guys' parts half the time anyway bc some of the gals' parts get too damn high!) On the flip side, it is a good way to learn the music bc at least we know what we're in for, and we can focus more on one song at a time once we get really into rehearsals.

Headed up to Sports Zone after rehearsal w/ Bob, Ade, Teri, and Christian. I think we have ourselves the party crowd from last year once again... Bob was bumming bc he had to be at work at 11:30 p.m., so he couldn't even have a beer. Eh, what can you do? The 5 of us just sat around BS-ing, telling jokes, talking about the show, and just enjoying each other's company. They're such a fun group of people, and I can tell already that this summer is going to be a HELL of a trip!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home