Wednesday, June 08, 2005

taps taps taps and more taps

Rehearsal last night seemed to go very well; it seems like the Audition #--the big tap # in the very beginning of the show--is really starting to come together. (Thanks to my wonderful "teachers & helpers": Susan, Mindy, Ann, Ellen, Denise, Mary, Kim, and just about anyone else who helps me with triple time steps and 'falling off the log'!)
Am finding that I kinda dig tap dancing--it's not the easiest thing in the world for ME personally to pick up (for some reason my mind doesn't want to move at the same speed as my feet and vice versa), but it is fun. Like I said, it is hard (at least for me), but it's a super good work-out, too! If I were to judge by how nasty and disgusting I feel after doing the Audition # about 4 times in a row, it's DEFINITELY a hell of a work-out!
Gotta say that taps are the coolest sounds, too, when everyone's in time with everyone else. There's a couple parts in the number where the choreographer does a step and then we all follow along; there are also a couple parts where the choreographer does a step, line 1 follows suit, then line 2, then line 3 so we're all in time. Too cool. Just wish I could sit back and watch the number one of these nights instead of actually dancing in it!

Lines are starting to get there, too, for the leads. Most people are still going out of the book, but we haven't really been on stage all that much for rehearsals. I think--at this point--it's more of a comfort thing. (And there are those who really don't know their lines, but that's besides the point.)

Costumes aren't too easy to find--but I'm usually pretty off with stuff like that, anyway. The period is 1930's and I haven't a CLUE what the "fashions" of the 1930's were, so I did some research online today. I at least have a better idea of what I need to look for, so I may be hitting Goodwill tonight and sometime this weekend to see what I can scrounge up. A trip to Vintage Haberdashery may be in order as well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home