Monday, June 06, 2005

Tonys

Congrats to Norbert Leo Butz, a "boy from south St. Louis, Missouri!" and graduate of Bishop DuBourg highschool, who won the Tony award for best leading actor in a musical (for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels)! This is even more impressive, considering he was up against such greats as Hank Azaria, Tim Curry, and John Lithgow.

Although I didn't (and don't) know Norbert personally, I went to highschool with his nephews, Adam & Kevin (Adam was in my class); plus, Norb was a Guild kid...hey, so am I! The orchestra cut off his speech--which I really wish they wouldn't have done!--but in the beginning he quipped, "Who would have thought that a boy from south St. Louis, Missouri would be standing up here..." That was the coolest thing ever. I'm incredibly proud and thrilled, as I'm sure are his parents, wife, brothers, daughters, friends, the Leibrechts, etc...

Congrats again, Norb!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home