Friday, July 08, 2005

"come and meet-those dancing feet"

Opening night of "42nd Street" last night was a success, in my opinion--as far as opening nights go. There were glitches and screw-ups, as is prone to happen (like the settee breaking ONSTAGE during the bar scene--lol), but I think it went rather well. I think some of the cast was thrown off, due to Mr. L. finally getting up on stage with us--he is Oscar since Kevin dropped out, and last night was the first time he'd been up on stage with us for the show--but it was entertaining.
I was pleased with myself on the dances--I felt like I really solidly nailed most of them, with only a few minor slip-ups on others. What a thrill and rush of electricity after the opening number, with the entire audience applauding and cheering...unbelievable. I've felt it before (I do every time I'm up on stage), but this was just...COOL. (*side note: my feet are KILLING ME!!!)
Steak N Shake was fun afterward; I had planned on having a quick bite to eat, then heading straight home for some much-needed sleep, but when you spring 35 people on one unsuspecting waitress, it tends to take a bit to get your orders. (And, understandably so.) It took probably about an hour for my table to get our orders, then we all sat around BS-ing. Chatted w/ Ann in the parking lot afterward, then headed home.
You know, I can say that I am looking forward to having my week nights back, a regular sleep schedule, and spending more time with my husband....yet I still don't want this show to be over. Through the hard work and crankiness, theatre just does something to me that is completely inexplicable. "I live for this sh*t!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home