Tuesday, July 05, 2005

re-cap

Ooh pretty

Between painting sets, going to a pre-cast party, rehearsing for almost 5 hours, swimming, and barbequing, this 3-day weekend went by wayyy too fast...

On the holiday front, the 4th is just kind of a difficult holiday for me. It makes me really nostalgic, for 2 reasons: 1) it would have been my grandma and grandpa T's anniversary, and 2) every year for the 4th, we used to go to my grandparent B's house in Arkansas. It was a huge deal--all the extended family on my mom's side, more than enough food to eat, and thousands of dollars worth of fireworks between all of us. It was usually a week-long excursion, but toward the end it became just a weekend thing. However long or short we stayed, it was a blast! (Except for the red ants...*shivers*...get bit by 'em once, and you NEVER forget it...) We'd swim in the lake, take walks down the country road, go mud-riding on 4-wheelers, typical Arkansas country fun. But ever since my grandpa's passed away, we don't do it anymore; my grandma moved back to Belleville, and the tradition just kinda passed, too. I sure do miss it, though, and I think about it every year...

As for "42nd Street", the show is slowly coming along, but at least it is coming along. We still haven't completely run through the show, but we are supposed to tonight. Even though that makes me incredibly nervous, I am still confident in the show. Having been a "Guildo" since 1996, I know the caliber of performances we all are capable of, and I know Mr. L's knack for getting us motivated with his pep talks. I'm sure this will be a great show; how it always comes together in the end, I'll never know, but it does and it works.

Other than that, not much to report about the long holiday weekend. There was a pre-cast party on Saturday at Stefanie's house--we barbequed and swam, drank too much, and just kinda hung out bs-ing. It was a nice time, and I had a blast; it's a shame that this whole thing is so close to being over. That part always gets to me when I do a show.

I'll probably be too tired and un-focused to blog much this week, but I'll try. Otherwise, I'll let you all know next Monday how the show went!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home