Thursday, August 04, 2005

feeling naked

While pulling some old papers and receipts out of my dresser drawers last night, I found the warranty papers for my engagement / wedding rings. The set was purchased in April, and I was under the impression I had to have it inspected every six months. So I opened up the envelope, started reading, and saw that the set has to be inspected every FOUR months in order to keep the lifetime warranty. Dustin and I were out and about, so we made a stop at the jewelry store in S. County Mall to get it checked out.

Figuring it would take only a few minutes, I pulled the warranty papers out of my purse, took the rings off my finger, and handed them over to the jeweler. As it turned out, the stone on my engagement ring was hanging on by a hair--"If you would have bumped this one more time, you would have lost the diamond," per the jeweler--and the side stones on the wedding band were loose as well.

Apparently the prongs on the engagement ring had been knocked askew, which obviously caused the diamond to become loose; he made me feel better, though, when he assured me that was normal, everyday wear and tear. BUT, then he said there is no reason the side stones on the wedding band should be loose since they are protected on all sides--basically, the jeweler we bought it from sold it to us like that. (Gee, how nice, huh?)

I am now without my engagement ring AND wedding band until next Saturday (the 13th), since they had to send them to the home office for repairs...in Massachusetts. :( I feel so naked.

1 Comments:

At 5/8/05 3:38 PM, Blogger alli said...

AWWW poor baby! I am so sorry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home