Monday, November 21, 2005

families

Dennis expressed his sentiments to the cast before the show last night: "When we first got my diagnosis, Jim & I thought we were the only family we have...you all have proved us wrong with your outpouring of prayers, gifts, and well wishes...some of you have offered to take time off of work to take me to chemotherapy treatments...Now we know you are our family, too. Tonight's phrase is: I will never leave you..." Needless to say last night was a very emotional show--tears were freely flowing during the song "Say Good Bye to the Freak Show", as they were before the show, during curtain call, and after.

It's been a fun 8 weeks, and I've gotten the chance to work with some very talented, albeit VERY down-to-earth, people. I've also rekindled old, dear friendships that had fallen to the wayside over the past couple of years. Much of the community theatre circuit of St. Louis I consider my second "family", and they never cease to amaze me.

BUT, with the holidays RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER, it's time to focus on my flesh & blood and married families. Plus, being gone 4 nights a week has not allowed me to keep our apartment as clean as I would like it...which is a nightmare in itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home