Thursday, December 08, 2005

rubble of memories

Since I work across the street from Busch Stadium and park everyday in the Stadium East parking garage, I have been able to watch the progress of the demolition. Coming into work each day, I couldn't help but wonder, "How far have they gotten since yesterday evening?" I was out sick Tuesday, so I didn't get to track that day's progress, but I was surprised Wednesday when I drove by and saw a section that was only 5 arches wide still standing. I read that the stadium would be down by last night, so I snapped some pictures of the remaining structure while I still could...

Good thing I did. Turning onto Broadway this morning, all I saw was a huge pile of debris and a gaping hole where the old Busch Stadium used to stand. It was really weird walking from my garage to the office and being able to see clear across to the Stadium West parking garage on Eighth Street. Don't get me wrong, the new stadium is beautiful and majestic, and it looks fantastic when the lights are shining. But there were so many memories within the walls of old Busch that it's sad to see it go. Hopefully people won't forget those memories, and will be just as keen on creating new memories within the new Busch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home