Wednesday, March 22, 2006

i am SOOO bored

Ok, so I tried having a positive attitude about this whole unemployment thing--"look at it as a mini vacation". Turns out that's a lot harder than I thought it would be. I at first thought, "Ok, cool, I get to sleep in pretty late, go to mom and dad's to send out resumes online, surf the web, then just chill out on the couch the rest of the day until the husband is home from work." Wrong.

I am sooo freaking bored I can't stand it. Sleeping in just doesn't happen: I'm either up when Dustin leaves for work at 5:30 a.m. and then can't get back to sleep, or he calls to see if I'm awake, or I just wake up on my own due to my damn internal clock. I think the latest I've slept since I lost my job was noon. Other than that, I've been up at 5:30, 6:30, 7:45, and 9:30 a.m. Damn.

Once I'm up, I'll head to mom and dad's to get online and check for job openings, polish my resume, catch up on blog reading and email, etc. When all those tasks have been accomplished, I get bored and antsy, so I leave and head home. I make to-do lists and try to get as much done in a day as I possibly can. I have cleaned the apartment from top to bottom, done countless loads of laundry, ran the dishwasher and done dishes by hand, taken cans to the recycling center, gone grocery shopping, and more. It's nice to have all the hours free to do all that, but dude, I can only clean the bathroom so many times before I'm tired of looking at it.

I did check into Long John Silver's as a possible option for income until I find a permanent job, but then I filed for unemployment. And found out I will get more from unemployment per week than I would working at the fish place for 40 hours. It may sound bad, but I think I'm going to stick with the unemployment for now. I do, however, an interview at St. Louis University tomorrow for a job as an administrative assistant. Wish me luck; I'm so nervous! I haven't been on an interview in 3 1/2 years. What do I wear? How do I wear my hair? Yikes!

(*As an aside, we had our first cast meeting for "Cats" last night, and it's really seeming more real and official now: I am IN "CATS"!!!! Holy crap! A lot was discussed last night, questions and suggestions were tossed around, and everyone seems to be in really good spirits and excited about the show. It's going to be tedious and strenuous, but I don't think I've EVER been THIS excited about doing a show before in my life. WOW. :)

1 Comments:

At 23/3/06 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be more than happy to let you come over and clean my home. No, seriously. :)

Kudos to you for really jumping on finding another job. It sounds like you're really being proactive, which takes a lot of guts and determination. Best of luck to you in today's interview. :)

And congratulations on getting to act in CATS - I can't begin to tell you how jealous I am. ;-P But maybe if you find you still have a lot of time on your hands, you could start learning your part to fill some of that time and get a head start on everyone else. Oh, and maybe you could also create your own exercise regimen - if you haven't already - to help you prepare for your dance routines. Just a couple suggestions to help pass the time. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home