Friday, April 21, 2006

"Dude, we're TOTALLY singing 'Cats'..."

Rehearsals have FINALLY started. On Tuesday night, while we were learning our parts for "The Jellicle Ball", I turned to Adrienne at one point and, like a giddy school girl, said, "Dude, we are totally singing 'Cats' right now!" When I got the email with the rehearsal schedule on it, it all suddenly became more real, but it still wasn't quite tangible. Once we started learning and singing those songs, though...wow.

Last night was a really good rehearsal, and I actually remembered the correct notes I'm supposed to sing during "The Jellicle Ball"! (Andrew Lloyd Weber wasn't very nice to the altos in this musical.) Sure, I can sing along with the CD, no problem. But having to actually sing the harmony notes is a little bit different, as they are harder to pick out on the recordings. I did get goose bumps last night when we were singing "Journey to the Heavyside Layer", though.

It's already apparent that, while they will both still make it fun and a good time, Joie and Christian are going to be cracking the whip during rehearsals. (No offense!!!) But that's a good thing. We have 34 rehearsals until the first tech, and while that may seem like a lot, there is sooo much to be done. Most of the people in the show know the music, or are at least familiar with it; now we just have to work on all of us blending our voices and sounding fabulous. Plus, there's a TON of dancing to learn, remember, and work on. It's going to be a long rehearsal period (3-4 times a week, for 3-4 hours at a time), but it's definitely all going to be worth it in the end. Now that we've started singing, I'm ready for the next step: learning the dances!
-------
In other news, no job yet. But still sending out resumes, following up, and going on interviews. Unfortunately, the interview process is where it's been stopping (much to my chagrin), but I'm confident (?) that something will turn up at some point. Hopefully sooner than later, though!

1 Comments:

At 21/4/06 3:41 PM, Blogger alli said...

I can't wait until I can actually make it to rehearsal! With everything going on, I can't be at the first few. I am glad to hear that everything is going well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home