Friday, April 28, 2006

we have chicken poop

Has anyone else seen this advertised on many Walgreens boards? It cracks me up. I went in to buy some eyedrops one night, and I saw the advertised "chicken poop" in a bin on the counter. (It's only chapstick, in case anyone hasn't actually seen the stuff yet.) So I made a comment to the guy working behind the counter, "I can't believe they actually sell chapstick named 'chicken poop'. Who would buy this stuff?" And he proceeds to tell me, "There's not really chicken poop in there. That's just the name." "Really?" I asked (as sarcastically as you can possibly imagine). As Bill Engvall would say, "Here's your sign." Because I actually thought that they really tubed up chicken poop and sold it for people to balm their lips with.

And, for anyone who's keeping up with my ever boring search for a job, I have an interview at AG Edwards on Tuesday. I had to fill out an online (what I thought to be) skills assessment. Instead, it was more like an 8-page personality test. "I believe it is OK to hurt other people to get what I want - Disagree, Strongly Disagree, Agree, etc." There were about 3 pages of questions like that, then another 3 pages with 6 sections of 4 words each in which I had to mark one each for "most like me" and "least like me", and a page or two of "A is to B as C is to..." Interesting. I just got my application packet in the mail, which I have to fill out and take with me on the interview--which is slated to take about 2 to 2.5 hours.

Also, "Cats" rehearsals are going pretty smoothly so far; it seems like everyone is starting to remember the words (if they didn't know them already), plus remember the notes. Mr. L sang his Old Deutoronomy part last night for the first time, and it actually gave me a bit of goosebumps. It was entertaining to watch and listen to, as he sat perched on his stool, choral book stretched out in front of him (the lyrics are printed in very small type), glasses pushed down the bridge of his nose while he alternated looking over the top of them and raising his head to look out from beneath them. "Journey to the Heavyside Layer" gave me goosebumps also, as it has before when we rehearsed it.

We have 2 baby showers to attend tomorrow: one for Eric & Heather, who are having a little girl in July (?), and one for Dennis & Jenny, who recently adopted a little 2-year-old boy from the Ukraine. Dustin had to practically drag me away from the baby section at Wal Mart while we were shopping tonight. And if the amount of money we spent on our friends for their babies is any indication of how I will spend when Dustin & I have a baby of our own, we will be in serious trouble!

One more thing before I quit boring y'all. I finished the Trauma Room One book I was reading. I highly recommend it; it definitely swings the pendulum more toward the possibility of Kennedy's assassination being a government (?) conspiracy / cover-up, but it's a good read and thouroughly informative.

1 Comments:

At 28/4/06 11:55 PM, Blogger alli said...

Good luck with the interview!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home