Monday, May 08, 2006

finally, some good news!

I had an interview at GJ Grewe this morning at 9:30 a.m. GJ Grewe is a commercial real estate company who deal mainly with development of shopping centers (a.k.a., strip malls). They are also involved in the brokerage business, representing both retailers and restaurants. Some of their 'tenants' include Steak 'N' Shake, Walgreens, Toys 'R' Us, Target, Sonic, and Lowe's (plus more).

So anyway, first I interviewed with the lady in charge of sales, then I went in to interview with the president of the company. It was interesting, as I've never interviewed with someone that high up before. But surprisingly enough, I wasn't nervous. He rapid-fired questions at me, and I was able to rapid-fire answers back just as quickly...and honestly, as well. I thought it went well, and they did mention that my minimum salary requirement was definitely within their range. The president explained it is a very busy, very fast-paced office / type of work, so it won't leave much time for socializing in the office. I do enjoy the socializing aspect of working in an office, but this would keep me more focused and attentive to the tasks at hand, at least.

They called me about 45 minutes ago and offered me the job. So, on the day that was to mark my 2 month 'unemployment anniversary', I will be starting a new job in a new field.

It's definitely a different type of job for me, as I have NO real estate experience whatsoever, but at least I'm a quick learner. Hopefully this will be a new niche for me, something that I've never done but enjoy doing. I'll keep you all posted. I start tomorrow morning at 8:30 a.m. Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

At 8/5/06 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats and good luck! Joan's got all sorts of real estate experience - maybe that'll come in handy. :)

 
At 8/5/06 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy vey, I still think Tanya's got a "blogfriend buzzer" somewhere that notifies her whenever a new entry goes up. :-P

Indeed, Stacey, welcome to the real estate biz.:) Since you didn't specifically mention what the job entails, I'm kind of curious - what will you be doing for this company? And if you decide you like it, maybe we can chat about whether a broker's license would help you out, or other options still in the real estate umbrella. (Or anything else you'd like to talk about.) :)

 
At 8/5/06 9:57 PM, Blogger alli said...

YAAAAAYYYYYYY! How very exciting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home