Thursday, May 18, 2006

random, rambling update

--I am currently working 2 1/2 days a week at my friend Dr. Buck's medical office on S. Broadway. They are looking for a full-time, certified, medical assistant; in the meantime, they needed someone part-time / temporary to help "fill the gaps" (answering phones, filing, etc.) so I was hired on.

--I had a second interview today at Mercy OB GYN, which is the full time position that I'm really hoping I get. The office is in the doctors' building at St. John's Mercy Medical Center, which is where my dad works, and I'd love to work there. I've pretty much decided I want to work in a medical office or hospital. I thought the interview went quite well, and they should know by Wednesday at the latest as to whether or not they are going to hire me. Keep your fingers crossed!

--Dustin & I suffered a bit of a blow with some bad news today, so if everyone could keep us in our prayers, it would be appreciated. I'm not going to go into details, but I definitely won't be asking, "What else could go wrong?" because I know as soon as I pull that crap, something worse will go wrong.

--My "baby" brother graduates highschool tomorrow from St. John's, and I'm kinda nervous about it. I'm putting together a scrapbook as his gift--it includes cards back from when he was born, baptized, First Communion, etc., along with pictures from then up til now. It's been a bit of a teary journey making it because it's hard for me to accept the fact that he's 18 and growing up soooo quickly. *sigh*

So that's about what I've been up to the last week or so. It's been crazy. Other than all that, rehearsals for "Cats" have been going well: the music is really sounding great, each member of the cast is putting more character into their songs, one of our 'cats' is expecting a 'kitten', and next week we start dancing. I'm just glad I have that to keep my mind off of the trials and tribulations Dustin & I are experiencing right now. Keeping my head up as much as possible!!!

1 Comments:

At 24/5/06 11:22 AM, Blogger Christy said...

Wow girl, you have definitely had a week! I'm so happy for you that you have come to a career path that really excites you! Medical assistant--wow. That would be neat! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home