Tuesday, June 27, 2006

what i like about my job

1 - I can wear minimal make-up and not be made to feel "low class" or "ugly".
2 - I can wear my hear in a ponytail and no one tells me how I should "style" it.
3 - Three words: Scrubs and Tennies.
4 - I get to interact with more than 8 people per day...on a face-to-face basis.
5 - I don't feel pressure to be a "diet queen".
6 - Everyone is super supportive and helpful, more than willing to answer my questions.
7 - I don't dread going in to work every morning...
8 - ...nor do I come home and take out my day on Dustin.
9 - I feel like I've learned more in a month and a half than I did in 4 years somewhere else.
10-I can see myself doing this for the rest of my life.

This doesn't correspond to my job at the doc office, but I chatted with someone today and was disappointed (not to mention more than a little hurt) to find out what was said behind my back in the past and recently. Then I realized that that kind of crap went out with kindergarten, and I was over it as quickly as I'd been told about it...
--------------------------------------------------
"Cats" rehearsals are going well, and we had a kick-ass music rehearsal on Sunday. I think everything is coming together very well, whether slowly or not. But it is defintely surely. I get goosebumps at some rehearsals, and I feel more confident in this show than I think any others I have been in in the past. Joie's a different type of director than I've ever worked with, but awesome and superb nonetheless. This is a show I've always wanted to do, but never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined that I would actually get to do it. What an experience that I don't want to end.

4 Comments:

At 28/6/06 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really glad to hear you're enjoying your work - that makes all the difference!

 
At 29/6/06 5:09 PM, Blogger alli said...

I had a job for about 3 weeks that I hated, and I was soo happy to get rid of it! Congrats on finding the right thing for you!

 
At 3/7/06 5:18 PM, Blogger Christy said...

sounds like everything is going well for you! Congrats and break a leg in Cats! I know you'll be superb!

 
At 9/7/06 10:57 PM, Blogger DisneyParkFan said...

Having a job you love or at least enjoy is always a plus.
And you're right, the show is coming together and I am having a blast at rehearsals, and there are times when I too get goosebemps and realize WE ARE DOING CATS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home