Thursday, July 13, 2006

inexplicable

"Cats" has been an inexplicable experience for me so far. We opened last night, and I thought it was a smashing performance--any snafus were minor and quickly covered, the band sounded awesome, we were over-sold, and the audience was a receptive one. Luckily I was backstage when Kevin H. came out for the opening and I heard his little son call out, "It's daddy! Hi daddy!" Kevin later said he has never had to try so hard in his life not to grin from ear to ear.

The "Heavyside Layer" gave me goosebumps last night and brought tears to my eyes. I can't help it. This has been the closest cast I think I have ever worked with, there are no divas or attitudes, and everyone gets along like a very close knit family. I've always said that about the Guild, but this cast and show are sooo....different. A good different, but nonetheless. I already know Sunday will be a very emotional performance for all of us, and I don't think there will be a dry eye on stage. Thank you to Christian and the band for sounding awesome, Joie for his excellent direction & choreography, the cast for being such a talented, wonderful group of people, and all the crews who have helped make this show a success thus far. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, having only one true performance under our belts, but I know the rest of the run will go just as well--if not better than--last night.

2 Comments:

At 13/7/06 2:43 PM, Blogger Christy said...

awesome hon! So glad the show is going well. Break a leg! :)

 
At 14/7/06 11:32 AM, Blogger alli said...

You mean bust your buns?...


Stacey, I agree, this cast has been amazing, and the closest to a family as I have ever seen in a show. I am sooo excited to have been a part of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home