Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cryptic?

Fight Club, starring Edward Norton (Narrator), Brad Pitt (Tyler Durden), and Helena Bonham-Carter (Marla Singer) has probably become one of my all time favorite movies. There's no review here, other than to say if you haven't seen this movie, you need to. And (*as I smile cryptically*) I also have to point out that Marla has some GREAT lines in this movie. Any particular reason I've decided to post these? Maybe. And maybe not.

"Listen. I tried. I really tried. There are things about you that I like. You're smart, you're funny, you're... spectacular in bed... But you're intolerable! You have very serious emotional problems. Deep seated problems for which you should seek professional help..."
[Narrator: Yeah, I know. I'm sorry.]
"Yeah, you're sorry, I'm sorry, everybody's sorry, but... I can't do this anymore. I can't. And I won't. I'm gone."

"Ok. You fuck me, then snub me. You love me, you hate me. You show me a sensitive side, then you turn into a total asshole. Is this a pretty accurate description of our relationship??"

"You're the worst thing that's ever happened to me."

(and my personal favorite) "You're Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Jackass!"

LOVE those lines!!! And suddenly, I feel a little bit better. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home