Monday, January 28, 2008

"Orange" you glad I did this post? *yuck yuck yuck*

Orange has never been one of my favorite colors, to be quite honest. At first, when I noted this week's "assignment" was orange, part of me thought about skipping it. (*wink wink*) However, once I started thinking about it, the color actually makes me think of a few things that I absolutely adore...



Harvest Moon


I've always heard it called a "Harvest Moon"; I've never really known why, but it sounds cool. The moon looks big enough to fill the sky and has that beautiful orange glow--I could sit and stare at it for hours.

Fall!


Fall! My absolute favorite time of year! Halloween (a self-described drama queen's most favorite holiday), pumpkins, brightly colored leaves (orange included) that fall to the ground for you to crunch through on brisk Saturday afternoons....

Tiger Lily


I remember the first time I saw a Tiger Lily. I was a kid, playing "King of the Hill" in Chris Aker's backyard and noticed them growing along the fence at the top of the hill. Not to mention it's the name of the Indian Princess that Peter Pan saves, and also an online screen name I've used from time to time.

Princess



It's also the color of "incomplete record" notices we receive at the office, ever so gently reminding our doctors to do their charts or they risk privilege suspension. Guess I better go send out some pages now!




4 Comments:

At 29/1/08 9:44 AM, Blogger Joan said...

Wow, I love the direction you went with this. And I hadn't thought about Peter Pan & Tiger Lily for ages!

 
At 29/1/08 11:28 AM, Blogger ~stacey~ said...

Thanks, Joan!
I'm trying to be a little more creative instead of saying, "This object is this color...this color reminds me of that...etc."
It's weird noticing how much I actually DO enjoy a color, even if I thought I didn't!

 
At 29/1/08 11:05 PM, Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Stacey: I think it's great that you're joining us! Awesome entries so far, too. Can't wait to see what everyone posts down the line..

 
At 30/1/08 8:50 AM, Blogger ~stacey~ said...

Thanks so much for the comment! I'm enjoying jumping from blog to blog to see what everyone else has to post, as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home