Friday, February 15, 2008

I Love My Husband

Surprise, surprise, right? You might even be thinking, "Well, duh. Isn't that why you married him??"

To our close friends, it's no secret that we have had some financial troubles since...oh, well, since we first got together. We FINALLY came to realize the error of our ways a few years back, and are now slooooowly taking steps to right the wrongs. Anywho. Valentine's Days are usually traditional "dinner and a movie" nights for us, seeing as all the extra hullabaloo (roses, chocolates, cards, etc.) can get pretty pricey. That, and the fact that I have threatened my husband bodily harm if he were to spend an exorbitant amount of money on roses for Valentine's Day.

Let me digress for a moment on that topic. As much as I hate to admit it, I secretly LOVE flowers. LOVE getting them, looking at them, smelling, ooh-ing and aah-ing over them. However, my theory for no roses on V Day is this: 1) they are too damn expensive, seeing as many florists buck up the cost simply because it's Valentine's Day; 2) if you want to get me roses, get them on your way home from work and surprise me--don't get them because it's something you're "supposed" to do; 3) if you REALLY MUST get me flowers on V Day, get ANY OTHER KIND of flowers other than roses at the grocery store for $10--my faves are Gerbera Daisies, by the way. :-) Tulips are nice, too...

So last night. We go to dinner at Friday's--all the way out on Olive bc the one on Lindbergh is closed...unbeknownst to us until we had already driven there. On the way there, I come up with a game: tell me 26 things that you love about me (and I'll do the same)...in alphabetical order, one word or quick phrase for each letter of the alphabet. Some included "attitude", "beautiful", "I love you", and "laugh".

After dinner we head to Target, as I have a gift card. I buy a little somethin' somethin', then we head to the Valentine's section--which I may add will be HUGELY discounted tomorrow. (People, stock up for next year NOW!! ha) In lieu of buying each other little gifts and cards (we do that enough throughout the year), we each pick out a card for the other...and read them right there in the store! Cheesy, maybe. Money saver and goofy? Yes. :-)

I'm so glad I have a husband who's as big of a kid, and as goofy as me!!! Love you, dear. HOpe everyone had a nice Valentine's Day, however you chose to celebrate it.

2 Comments:

At 15/2/08 12:40 PM, Blogger Joan said...

That's a fantastically creative way to celebrate! We'll have to give the alphabetical list thing a shot, and maybe next year we'll just "give" V-day cards to each other in the store. Gifts are pretty low on our love language lists, so why spend the money? Glad you two had a happy day. :)

 
At 16/2/08 10:48 PM, Blogger ~stacey~ said...

Yea, we're nerds, but both big goofy kids; actually easily amused would sum it up quite nicely! ha ha

Hope you and Christian had a wonderful Valentine's Day as well!
:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home