Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Black...or White, perhaps, instead???

From Wikipedia:
"In color theory, two colors are called complementary if, when mixed in the proper proportion, they produce a neutral color (grey, white, or black)."
So, I assume it would be correct to assume (?) that black and white are, in fact, NOT opposites. But for the purpose of today's blog, let's pretend they are...
Oh, and never mind that I'm blogging about today's color "opposite"...or the fact that the color I'll ACTUALLY be blogging about comes up in another several posts. I'll come up with something interesting for black then. It's my blog, and I can do what I want. So Nah.

What fell from the sky and covered the ground yesterday was the "opposite" of black. It was white. And there was LOTS of it. (A foot, here in Creve Coeur, to be exact.) Katie and I stood outside in the freezing cold, downpour of heavy snow, for about 30 minutes, shoveling off our cars. My poor little Cavalier doesn't handle large amounts of snow very well, and she certainly didn't want to be budged from her cozy little nestling spot within the snowbank the plow created behind her. But, with much coaxing from me (along with shoveling, tire spinning, and LOTS of pushing from 3 men in the office building), she begrudgingly obeyed. (Going up the hill without the help of the 3 aforementioned men was, however, a different story. I almost had to get out and do the pushing by myself...) It didn't matter how much scooping and scraping of snow I had done, every 5 minutes another layer built up on my poor girl.

Rather than risk driving all the way home (and having a panic attack, I'm sure), I drove to St. John's Mercy Medical Center where my dad works. My coat, scarf, and gloves were soaked...not to mention my socks, shoes, pants, and feet...my hair looked like a wet dog, and I was a nervous wreck... all by the time I got there. I looked like hell. But dad was nice enough to let me leave my car in one of the garages and drive me home. We stayed at the hospital until about 3:30 so he could finish up some things, then we were off. Almost an hour and a half later, I was home safe.

This morning was no fun, however, when I picked my car up from the garage...and felt that the driver's seat was STILL damp. Good thing I thought to grab a couple of beach towels before leaving the apartment this morning. My driver's seat is now a proud supporter of both the St. Louis Cardinals AND the New York Yankees.

I always say it...this stuff sure is beautiful. Unless I have to drive in it!!!

2 Comments:

At 5/3/08 4:59 PM, Blogger Tracie said...

Copy Cat! Just kidding. ;)

Nice job on the 'opposite' thing.

And no worries that it's late. As you noticed...mine was too. :)

Tomorrow is Brown! (like I have any idea what to do for THAT!)

 
At 6/3/08 8:54 PM, Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

I thank GOD that *my* Cavalier didn't slide as much as yours did. I wonder why? Glad you got home safely!

And that pic of whatever that thing is supposed to be is kinda creepy. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home