Monday, April 14, 2008

Mission: Accomplished!

Thursday night, while I was attending to banking and tax issues on the computer, Dustin made the mistake of mentioning, “This place (our apartment) needs a deep cleansing…” I asked if he meant just a thorough job of vacuuming, scrubbing, dusting, and Febrezing everything in sight. And he replied, “No. We have too much shit. There’s so much clutter…”

And so it began. I was, all of the sudden, a woman on a mission. We decided to take it a room / step at a time. This weekend would be the back bedroom, where most of the aforementioned “too much shit” has collected. We sat down together and made a list of what we wanted to accomplish over the weekend. (Actually, I kind of forced him to sit down and do that with me – I’m big on “to-do” lists, while he thinks they’re “too restricting”. Insert eye roll here, please.)

Included on the agenda:
- Organize computer desk
- Check contents of Rubbermaid containers in closet & purge, if possible
- Vacuum
- Dust everything in sight!
- Put books on bookshelf
- GET RID OF OLD, CRAPPY TV STAND THAT HAS SERVED NO OTHER PURPOSE OTHER THAN TO BE A PILING PLACE FOR JUNK WE NEVER USE

We started Friday night after dinner, and worked from 7 until 11 p.m. Saturday I was gone most of the day, then we went to an early dinner with Jeremy and ran some errands afterward. Sunday while he was at work, I bounced between the back bedroom, our room / my closet, and laundry. By the time he got home, I had finished (for the most part) my closet / our room. We dragged the TV stand in the back bedroom away from the wall and into the center of the room, then re-arranged a few other items, and it was done. (Except for the TV stand which still sits in the middle of the room, even as I write this.) Hopefully someday this week, that will go out to the dumpster, and this coming weekend I can finish the remainder of the apartment.

Next up are the hall and living room closets…and the kitchen, if I feel froggy enough. ;-)

1 Comments:

At 16/4/08 11:41 AM, Blogger Joan said...

Congratulations! *Pats on back* :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home