Friday, April 18, 2008

"News of the Day"

I'm sure St. Louis and surrounding area blogs will be swamped with this story today, so I had to jump on the bandwagon.

5.2 earthquake this morning took place in nearby IL around 4-something this morning. Many people in the office are talking about how it "woke me from a dead sleep!"...I felt nothing.

Dustin got this new fangled alarm clock for his birthday. It docks an iPod, and projects the time on the ceiling - how cool is that?? Anyway. For some reason or another, I woke up at 4:35 this morning. I looked up at the ceiling, thought, "WTF? I don't have to be awake yet..." and went right back to sleep. Am I the ONLY one who was not completely shaken (no pun intended) out of bed this morning???

* Note: As I sit here at work writing this, we apparently just had an aftershock. (4.5, according to the news) The floor and walls vibrated, and the ceiling tiles creaked. Stuff on my desk rattled a bit also. Gotta admit, it kinda scared the hell outta me, too... But I can now say I've (kind of?) experienced an earthquake. *

2 Comments:

At 18/4/08 3:10 PM, Blogger Joan said...

Waaaaiiiitaminnit. You woke up at 4:35 and were sufficiently sound asleep mere minutes later when the earthquake started to not even notice? So not fair. :-P

 
At 21/4/08 10:59 AM, Blogger ~stacey~ said...

My bad habit of burning the candle at both ends tends to kick my butt during the week. So sleeping through things becomes easier and easier as the week progresses. lol
;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home