Monday, July 28, 2008

Wizard of Oz

You all know I'm a huge Wizard of Oz fan - anything and everything about / associated with it...INCLUDING Wicked, of course!

So WHY on EARTH did I not know about:

Oz Park, which is (was?) located in Chicago, IL??? Does anyone know anything about this place - i.e., where exactly it is located, if it even still exists, etc.??? There apparently is (was?) a yellow brick road, and statues of the characters! The picture I found of the Cowardly Lion statue, for whatever reason, will not upload. So just imagine it. (I was disappointed at seeing NO Wicked Witch, though.)



There also is (was?) a theme park in North Carolina, called the Land of Oz. From what little I've read on it, it closed in 1980, but opens on the first Saturday & Sunday in October every year. (Only $15, too. I'd DEFINITELY take a road trip...)

AAAND. On those notes, I'm asking y'all to keep your fingers crossed for me...say a little prayer...I'm really nervous...but don't want to say much more, for fear of jinxing myself. Trust that I will divulge after I know more. Thanks!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home