Wednesday, July 30, 2008

yes...more Wizard of Oz...

Rehearsals seem to be going well so far...even though I've only had two. The cast is nice, and they seem to be welcoming me with open arms. It's definitely different rehearsing / putting on a show in a public place like a park - especially when the "set" won't go up until Sunday afternoon. It's a wide open space, and we all have plenty of space to move about; however, it's hard to imagine where certain things are / will be, when you don't have much in the way of a "set" to work with. But that aside, I'm having a blast! I just can't wait to get all my lines memorized, so I can start using my broom and getting used to carrying around a prop. AND so I can move around more freely, without having to worry about keeping my place in the script or dropping the damn book.

I *think* I have my first scene - Ms. Gulch - lines memorized. A couple lines are a bit fuzzy, the way they are worded, but I'm giving my photographic memory a run for its money trying to jam all this in in such a short amount of time. Tonight we don't have rehearsal, so a night on the couch in the PJ's, reading and re-reading, is in order.

Goodwill provided me with my Ms. Gulch costume - a blouse, and either a dress or skirt with it. My Witch costume was proving to be a bit more frustrating. I want it to be as authentic looking as possible, and absolutely REFUSE to buy a "costume in a bag". I checked with Johnnie Brock's, and they have one in my size to rent, but it would be a bit pricey in order to have it for the entire week. (Deposit, rental fee, etc.) So I started searching online, found, and fell in love with one:

This one isn't exactly cheap either - the shipping fee to ensure delivery by Friday night is an extra $32! - but at least I will have something to show for my money, and not have something I have to return. (Plus, the SAT dinner club in October is a costume party, so I'm REALLY ready for that now!) This way, too, if the costume arrives by Friday and doesn't fit, doesn't look right, or whatever the case may be, mom and I can go elsewhere Saturday and shop 'til we drop. (But please keep your fingers crossed that this one works out; I absolutely ADORE it!)

Something to look forward to, other than the show itself? Several people who have NEVER seen me perform onstage are coming to see it. I can't even say how excited I am! I'm still pinching myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home