Tuesday, November 04, 2008

VOTE

Today. Do it.

I did, and I thank God that we live in a country where we have a right to vote for who will be "in charge" for at least 4 years.

No longer will the ads stuff my mailbox to overflowing. The annoying ads showing smiling candidates helping elderly people, or cradling babies. Stop sending me that crap. (Is there a "no political ads mail list"???) I live in an apartment. With an ittybitty mailbox. Those ads - which probably cost wayyy too much money to simply go into the recycle bin - create less room in the already small mailbox, thereby making my other mail smooshed. Yes, smooshed. The political ads come out in one piece, yet a sweet card I received from an old castmate came out crinkled. NOT cool.

I'm not shy about telling people who I vote / voted for; however, I won't ram it down anyone's throats. I don't get into political discussions, period. Mostly because I hate politics, secondly because I figure, "Why bother?" If people ask why I voted a certain way on an issue, or why I voted for a particular candidate, all I answer is, "Because it was MY choice."

I really dislike the signs. A shiny sign on stakes, stuck in your front lawn, is NOT going to sway my vote. Nor is it going to make me look at you any differently if your vote differs from my own. Or look at you any better if your vote is the same as mine.

(Although, on that note, I did see a cool sign driving home down Ballas - it was a picture of Alaska and it read, "Alaskans for Obama". ha ha)

Anywho. There are my rants for the day.

My polling place this year was different than last because they have FINALLY gotten ALL of my information correct. It only took 3 1/2 years of me continually telling them, "My last name is not T--------- anymore; it is B-------. And THIS is my CORRECT address." So my polling place is now in the condo complex around the corner...in the pool clubhouse. Interesting, but hey, whatever works!

Exercise your right as an American. VOTE. For whomever you feel is the best candidate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home