Monday, February 02, 2009

SuperBowl commercials

Is it just me, or did they kinda suck this year? Not only that, I saw more movie trailers during commercial spots than I think I'd seen in the entire week leading UP TO the SuperBowl.

I wasn't real impressed with the majority of Pepsi's ads, though I did like this one. (Mainly because of Bob Dylan.)



The Castrol Edge commercial with the "grease monkeys" was cute. But I'm a fan of monkeys, so I think that alone gave that ad an edge. "They made me their king." Love it.

Budweiser was another company whose ads didn't do a heck of a lot for me. I did like the drawing board skier - I thought that was pretty clever. But the sentimental, sappy Clydesdale commercials just kinda get old after a while. If you're going to spend the money ($3 million for a 30 second ad), go entertaining. That's just my opinion.

That being said, my two favorite commercials...



GE's first ever SuperBowl ad is a "modern take on the classic song, "If I Only Had A Brain," from the film, The Wizard of Oz, imagining what can happen when old technologies have a brain." I liked this one for very OBVIOUS reasons...and the crow zapping at the end was a nice touch.


Laughed my ASS OFF when this one aired! And apparently it was thought up by two out of work guys entering a contest?

Another notable mention? The one where the stuffed koala gets punched in the face. Can't recall what company it was, but a stuffed koala wearing glasses and getting punched in the face was pretty humorous to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home