Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Stray Dog Theatre

As you all know I had an audition with Stray Dog Theatre on March 18th. It was quick, and super organized. After filling out my information sheet, I literally waited 5 minutes before being whisked into the performance space. I met the directors, performed my cold reading piece (from one of the shows in their 2009 - 2010 season), was thanked, and went back to the "lobby" to wait and see if I was needed for anything else. They were done with me, I was told I'd hear something by March 29, and was thanked for auditioning.

I received a call from them tonight.

"Thank you so much for auditioning, but unfortunately we don't have a role / part to use you in. We thank you for coming out to audition with us, and hope to work with you in the future."

So it was a "thanks, but no thanks" kind of thing. Which, honestly, is ok. I mean, I really would have LOVED to work with them, but to be honest I'm proud that I got out there and tried something different. (Which I'm sure I've said a thousand times within the past couple of weeks.) And maybe, just maybe, next time I audition, they'll remember me and think, "You know, she would be perfect for this role..."

:-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home