Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Where Have I Gone???

Last published: February 5, 2009.

That’s a long time ago for me, folks. So how do I creatively give you one of those boring, "let-me-update-you-on-what's-been-going-on-in-my-life-since-I-last-blogged" lists? Um. Er. Well…
I can’t really think of how to do that creatively. So for now, you’ll just have to read the laundry list of “what I’ve done since February 5”. Read all the way to the end; I promise it’s worth it. ;-)

1. I scan the Arts for Life audition calendar, as well as the StL Auditions blog, on a pretty regular basis, then jot the interesting auditions into my calendar. However, I (more often than not) tend to completely space and don’t follow through. So I’m a little bummed and disappointed with myself on that end.

2. The SAT’s annual dinner club met on the 21st of February for a lovely dinner at Joey B’s on the Hill, then on to see Marcy as Audrey in “Little Shop of Horrors” at SLU. (Justin was the Audrey II operator, I mustn’t fail to mention.) Let me tell you what. Marcy ROCKED that part. That girl’s talented as hell, and there were times I literally sat with my mouth agape, in awe. Some of us went on then to the Grey Fox to surprise Joie for his birthday show. Mom even went along - for the 2nd time, I think? - and had a blast.

3. Molly & I enjoyed “Scrap Attack ‘09” – the first of many more to come, I hope – one Sunday afternoon, then were joined by the boys later on for pizza. I managed to get a LOT of pages done for my “Since We’ve Been Married” scrapbook (no, that’s NOT the actual title…just pretty much the entire concept), and so far I’m happy with the way everything’s turned out. Just need a few more materials. (BTW, when you let 4 years of stuff – wedding invites, ticket stubs, pictures, etc. – pile up in a box, instead of actually DOING something with them…well, it becomes quite an overwhelming project to tackle.)

4. “Wizard of Oz” at Lindenwood University. (It is a pretty safe bet that I won’t turn down an opportunity to see this show.) Markison was fabulous, as always, as the Oz Guard. (aka, “Well that’s a horse of a different color!”) They actually had…*gasp*…a FLY system. The Wicked Witch of the West got to really FLY!!! TOOOOO cool. I was INCREDIBLY jealous.

5. Went to a 10 year old’s birthday party at a bowling alley. A small, 4 or 5 lane bowling alley. Attached to a VFW. I had walked right into the gates of hell, and managed to oh-so-quickly point out to my husband:
#1 – NO BOWLING PARTIES. EVER
#2 – NO soda for the kiddos at birthday parties
#3 – Veggie sticks and crackers. Bread instead of cake. NOTHING WITH SUGAR!!!
(Just kidding. I already have the purple and pink, icing overloaded, gifts stacked to the ceiling, princess party for our unborn daughter, TOTALLY planned out.)

6. Met with the director for MASC (Monroe Actors Stage Company) – they are currently rehearsing their production of “Dial M for Murder”. Let me just cut right to the chase:
Say hello to the Assistant Director / Stage Manager for the production!
I am super excited for this opportunity, and eager to learn as much as I can. I haven’t assistant directed since college, but am looking forward to stretching those wings again, and working really hard to show “what I’ve got”. Good news, too – once you’ve AD’ed one show with them, you are eligible to “put your name in the hat”, so to speak, to DIRECT a show. That’s something I have ALWAYS wanted to try, even just once. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

7. I think I’m FINALLY cracking out of my safe little cocoon of the “same ole same ole”. J emailed me about some upcoming auditions at Stray Dog Theatre – a professional theatre company here in St. Louis...so I bit the bullet...and got an audition slot for March 18!!! NERVOUS. AS. HELL!!! But also stoked! I’m not putting my eggs into one basket and thinking I will get a part in any of the shows...but oh BOY am I keeping my fingers crossed! To get paid to act has been my DREAM for as long as I can remember...and if I could do that, even just once, I honestly think I would be satisfied. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to make a flat out career out of it, but just to say, “I got PAID to do what I LOVE” would make me happy as a clam.

Told you it was worth reading to the end! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home